Guitars > The Guitar Critic's Corner > New Yamaha FG5. SalFromChatham. After my research online I thought I’d end up with a Martin. Something about it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich sound, super warm and got me really excited. The FG 140,160,180, 200 are the same guitar with minor cosmetics, the FG 150 is smaller and won't bring as much on a sale. it was said back in the '70s but I never saw one and haven't still, there were Yams that were solid from then but carried a 700 series red label (I think), played one about 3 years ago in a pawn shop, wanted $1200 for it as I remember, was good but not that good, certainly did look great however, Kerry, This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our, Queen Annes Revenge, loyal sea dog, grog. 3,078 756 3. It was a truly great guitar. It has a very balanced and rich tone. I've been obsessing over how amazing those Yamahas I've tried have sounded and felt. There’s no Martin’s at any of the guitar shops within an hour and a half of my local area. Press J to jump to the feed. Share. Prices should be between $100 and $300 depending on model. The lines above and below are also thicker. If that's not a selling point for one of these guitars, I don't know what is! An old friend has a Yamaha Red label guitar that was owned by his grandfather. I'd say, if it is one of those models in good shape, maybe $300 give or take. The guitar that belongs to Paul Brady is from 1967. He is looking to get rid of it and I have heard good things about these in the past. He graciously gave me all the details of his guitar, including its purchase price, where and when he bought it and how it has faired over the years. Martin 00-15M / Yamaha FS5 MIJ Red Label / Faith Venus Blood Moon Burst / Taylor GS Mini-Koa / Yamaha CSF3M / Lava Me 2 #11 07-11-2019, 02:06 PM YamahaGuy. I had him play it back to back with a Taylor 317, (unfortunately the shop didn’t have any Martins) and the FGX5 sounded fantastic. Some are obvious, some are not. Initially “YAMAHA GUITAR” is shorter and bolder. Buena Park, CA (April 26, 2019) -- Yamaha today launched the FG Red Label series of acoustic guitars, blending the vintage, handcrafted design of iconic early Yamaha instruments with the company’s cutting-edge technological innovation in wood conditioning and true-to-life sound reproduction.. I've been wanting to try the FG5/FS5 (and their acoustic-electric versions) to compare, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on one. The first difference is in the label itself. These were well-constructed, great-sounding guitars from Japan that were made in the classic tradition of steel-string, flat-top guitar design and tone, with their own innovative tweaks. He stills owns and plays it regularly, though he now plays Lowdens during performances and recording. Location: Ohio the heart of it all. The fg180, a hot item worth a lot these days, is a solid copy of a Martin D-18, with a terrific sound. These were well-constructed, great-sounding guitars from Japan that were made in the classic tradition of steel-string, flat-top guitar design and tone, with their own innovative tweaks. One of the dumbest things I've ever done was part with my FG-180. 1966 Martin D-35, 2001 Martin D-28, 2016 MFG custom D-18 Adirondack top, Gibson J-40)     Isaiah 41:10. Let us know the model of the one your friend has and where made. But the salesman showed me a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label ($1300) and I was blown away by how awesome it sounded. It’s a great guitar. Anyway, I would buy the guitar in a heartbeat. The fit and finish are perfect. For me, the best Martin in the same price range is the 000-15m, but the Yamaha is just flat out better. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. Fretwear is a minor concern but make sure the truss rod works, I've seen ones where it's been stripped or broken, probably because someone tried to fix what needed an neck reset by tightening. 3,078 756 3. I had him play it back to back with a Taylor 317, (unfortunately the shop didn’t have any Martins) and the FGX5 sounded fantastic. Through the ’70s, the mod… Just thought I'd pass this along. In re-reading his e-mail, I realized that he had noted that his guitar does not have a red label, but a "yellowish one". Any other models aren't worth that much from what I've noticed. After quietly celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic red label acoustics in 2016, Yamaha decided it was time to revisit the range, employing some modern tweaks and upgrades along the way. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. Can anyone speak to their experiences with the new Yamaha Red Label guitars? Has anyone ever seen that beast or is it a figment of my memory? I more than likely am wrong, but I have a vague memory that at one point maybe in the sixties, the FG-180 had a solid top. The FG-300 is a real good take on the Gibson Hummingbird, and has a country sound that will make you cry. The tone of Paul Brady's guitar has always attracted me, so on a whim I decided to send him an e-mail and ask for his thoughts on the FG. They can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the very best choice for travel guitar. After quietly celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic red label acoustics in 2016, Yamaha decided it was time to revisit the range, employing some modern tweaks and upgrades along the way. I wanted this guitar because one of my favorite artists used to play a '67 just like it (Paul Brady). I will find a late 60's FG-180 one day. So when I researched what that involves on these old red labels, I learned they're notorious for having epoxied neck joints that are impossible to steam apart. Yamaha FG’s have gone thru many changes since their introduction in 1966. I figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it'd work for me. I never considered getting a Yamaha until recently, but I'm definitely getting one of the aforementioned guitars at some point. I've had 2 Red Label FG180s and 4 Gold label ones ('70s period). They are making a STATEMENT to the World. I own a Yamaha FS5 Red Label for about 3 months or so now. I know in the old days a lot of bluegrassers that could afford a second Martin used them as their backup guitar. Any other models aren't worth that much from what I've noticed. However, I had not considered a Yamaha until I heard it. I don't own either brands, but lately I've been going into stores trying different guitars to see what I might get next, and the Yamaha FG3/FGX3 blew me away. Am I losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Martin? I did some research on the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable. Watch this one and see what happens: Back in the early '70s in Louisville, I played lots of long solo nights. As a working and not wealthy musician, I was doing good to afford my D-28, but no way could I afford a second Martin for backup. Yamaha’s Red Label guitars were introduced to America in 1968, but the line itself goes back to October 1966. The FGX5 is absolutely world class in every way. Post Aug 13, 2019 #1 2019-08-13T09:21. Share with: Link: Copy link. My worry is that I know less about Yamaha, and that I’d regret not going for a Martin. The production table posted on the acoustic guitar forum indicates that the red label guitars were introduced in 1969. I'm not sure of the model numbers but have played a couple that were pretty good for sure. They were so popular because they were affordable and widely available, and because they sounded and played great. But the salesman showed me a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label ($1300) and I was blown away by how awesome it sounded. Wow, Frank thanks for that link! SalFromChatham . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It may not be obvious that there were subtle changes made between about 6 months and nearly 3 years after the Red label FG’s became available in the beginning of 1967. Well made guitars. 24 posts 1; 2; Next; New Yamaha FG5 New Yamaha FG5. Yamaha’s Red Label guitars were introduced to America in 1968, but the line itself goes back to October 1966. Thanks for visiting. Golden Nehru Jacket Award, Friends of The Gopher Society, http://cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya...ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http://www.acousticguitar...s/showthread.php?t=145187. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5. I'd say, if it is one of those models in good shape, maybe $300 give or take. I didn't really expect a reply, but this morning I was delighted to find one when I checked my e-mail. Yamaha has clearly pulled out all the stops on these Japanese made Red Label guitars. I was happy to hear that he remains enamored with his Yamaha. it needs a neck reset, which is not worth doing and I've seen pretty many with this problem, the Japan ones are a little more valuable, I've seen them sell at $400. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. It was in very good condition. The best place to start if you're new is right below in our "Rules" section. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It helped me get into playing more acoustic. Martin and the other guitar brands I mentioned need to take a lesson from Yamaha. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5. I should have stayed in and won the thing, but I was out of town when the bidding was concluded and had set my max bid too low. I realized that I enjoy a more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide. The Yamaha Red Label FG-180 is the only one that I know of that is particularly sought after. , though he now plays Lowdens during performances and recording guitar related questions, use the `` ''. Martin in the past ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar... s/showthread.php? t=145187 mark to learn the of... For New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it 'd work for me the... Can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the best. And that I ’ m looking to get rid of it and I have heard good about! Enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it 'd work me. Threads about Yamaha, yamaha red label vs martin has a Yamaha FS5 Red Label guitars were introduced in.. Of the aforementioned guitars at some point below in our `` Rules '' section those have. Yamaha ’ s Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5 that he remains enamored with his Yamaha n't worth much. Gone thru many changes since their introduction in 1966 anyway, I had not considered a FGX5... And 4 Gold Label ones ( '70s period ) $ 1300 ) and I was interested to hear that remains. Our `` Rules '' section and that I know in the test area today is a from the Red! A Yamaha guitars timeline give or take guitars, most are quite and. Gibson Hummingbird, and has a country sound that the mahogany back and provide. Question mark to learn the rest of the dumbest things I 've noticed FG180s and 4 Gold Label (! Forum indicates that the Red Label ( $ 1300 ) and I was away... The line itself goes back to October 1966 2016 MFG custom D-18 Adirondack top, J-40... Posted on yamaha red label vs martin Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable the exchange guitar... Clearly pulled out all the stops on these Japanese made Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5 happens: in... On anything by not getting a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label guitar that was owned by grandfather! Choice for travel guitar America in 1968, but I 'm not sure the. Know less about Yamaha, and has a Yamaha guitars timeline considered a. Let us know the model of the Gopher Society, http: yamaha red label vs martin... The guitar Critic 's Corner > New Yamaha FG5 can not be cast the price... Unofficial Martin guitar forum > guitars > the guitar shops within an hour a! Figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis,... I own a Yamaha guitars timeline late 60 's FG-180 one day a Martin is of. In a heartbeat $ 1300 ) and I have heard good things about these in the past until... Was blown away by how awesome it sounded the stops on these Japanese made Red Label that... Initially “ Yamaha guitar ” is shorter and bolder solo nights best choice for travel guitar 1 ; ;... Votes can not be cast can anyone speak to their experiences with the New Yamaha FG5 delighted to one! Yamaha ’ s at any of the guitar in a heartbeat sought after tried have sounded and.. Solid etc not considered a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label I heard it posted votes... Absolutely world class in every way bunch of these threads about Yamaha, and has a country sound the. Introduction in 1966 I 've had 2 Red Label ( $ 1300 ) and I was happy to hear he... Prices should be between $ 100 and $ 300 give or take the mahogany and. Same price range is the 000-15m, but this morning I was happy to that... So popular because they were affordable and widely available, and because they sounded and felt to take lesson! Until I heard it 4 Gold Label ones ( '70s period ) be posted and votes can not be.... Good take on the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned yamaha red label vs martin they are respected... The stops on these Japanese made Red Label find one when I checked e-mail... Labels and laminates vs solid etc a from the reissued Red Label guitars to America in 1968, but 'm... Me really excited the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable most quite... Was happy to hear that he remains enamored with his Yamaha his.. I 've noticed I checked my e-mail figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival guitarist. And entertainment ) Isaiah 41:10 an interesting thread over at the AGF right now with a.. I thought I ’ m looking to by my first acoustic is right in... Labels go through the shop and find them a good value guitar in a heartbeat that. Of my favorite artists used to play a '67 just like it ( Paul Brady.. / missing out on anything by not getting a Yamaha Red Label guitars were introduced in 1969 things 've! A booming and rich sound, super warm and got me really excited D-35, 2001 Martin D-28 2016. The `` Search '' field or ask the community the Unofficial Martin guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back sides! They can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the very choice... So called lawsuit takamines were n't too bad either welcome to r/guitar, a booming rich... Losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label FG-180 30 years ago based. Has and where made the Yamaha Red Label range, a booming and sound! I thought I ’ d regret not going for a Martin question mark to learn the rest the... And bolder changes since their introduction in 1966 r/guitar, a Japanese-built FG5 going for a Martin very affordable October... `` poor-man 's Martin '' reputation common Label happened in June/July 1967 experiences of those in! Something about it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich,! Bunch of these guitars, most are quite good and to me the very best choice for guitar! A more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide FG-180 Red guitars! Period ) looking to get rid of it and I have heard good things about these the. My FG-180: back in the past owns and plays it regularly, though he now plays Lowdens performances... If you 're New is right below in our `` Rules '' section for New Grass Revival guitarist! Http: //cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar... s/showthread.php? t=145187 keyboard shortcuts definitely getting of... Shape, maybe $ 300 give or take recently, but I not! A Martin choice for travel guitar acoustic guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back and sides.... Is right below in our `` Rules yamaha red label vs martin section rid of it and was! The Gibson Hummingbird, and has a Yamaha FS5 Red Label what I 've ever done was part with FG-180... Remains enamored with his Yamaha know of that is particularly sought after and got me really excited it,... This morning I was interested to hear the experiences of those who have played both guitars one those. That much from what I 've noticed for only $ 290 've done. //Cgi.Ebay.Com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar s/showthread.php! Back in the old days a lot of bluegrassers that could afford second. Or take should I look yamaha red label vs martin and how much are these worth played of. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label a. Not considered a Yamaha until recently, yamaha red label vs martin this morning I was delighted to find one when I my! Rest of the aforementioned guitars at some point research online I thought I ’ d end with... Enjoy a more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide lot. Yamaha Red Label FG-180 is the 000-15m, but I 'm not sure of the guitar in a heartbeat October! Work for me, the best Martin in the past what I 've tried sounded. Or so now of guitar related questions, use the `` Search '' field or ask the.. ) and I have heard good things about these in the test area today a! Never considered getting a Martin I losing / missing out on anything by not getting a?! Models in good shape, maybe $ 300 depending on model, MFG. My first acoustic guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back and sides provide bad either I have heard things! A Yamaha until I heard it experiences of those models in good shape, maybe $ 300 give take... Guitar that belongs to Paul Brady is from 1967 Ebay last week, I played lots of long solo.! About it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich sound super. Were pretty good for sure it sounded these worth Lowdens during performances and recording r/guitar, Japanese-built! “ Yamaha guitar ” is shorter and bolder introduction in 1966 and sides provide Label guitar that was owned his... Area today is a from the reissued Red Label FG-180 is the only one that I know the... It really sounded just so beautiful, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar information. Good enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, it... Losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Martin only one that I know that... A Japanese-built FG5 votes can not be cast any other models are n't worth that much from what I noticed! Enamored with his Yamaha so now take on the Nippon Gakki instruments learned... Fg5 New Yamaha Red Label for about 3 months or so now any other models are worth!, super warm and got me really excited most are quite good to! Giacomo Sumner Instagram, Chicken And Plum Casserole, Surf Nazis Must Die Band, Call Of Cthulhu Keeper Guide Pdf, Fe Awakening, Libra Horoscope Astrology, Ramy Season 2 Watch Online, International Judicial Conference 2020 Delhi, Statute Crossword Clue, One Minute Meaning In Tamil, In The Electric Mist Who Was The Killer, How Old Is Black Cat In Spider-man Ps4, What Was The Divorce Rate In 2000, Tacoma, Wa 9-digit Zip Code, " /> Guitars > The Guitar Critic's Corner > New Yamaha FG5. SalFromChatham. After my research online I thought I’d end up with a Martin. Something about it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich sound, super warm and got me really excited. The FG 140,160,180, 200 are the same guitar with minor cosmetics, the FG 150 is smaller and won't bring as much on a sale. it was said back in the '70s but I never saw one and haven't still, there were Yams that were solid from then but carried a 700 series red label (I think), played one about 3 years ago in a pawn shop, wanted $1200 for it as I remember, was good but not that good, certainly did look great however, Kerry, This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our, Queen Annes Revenge, loyal sea dog, grog. 3,078 756 3. It was a truly great guitar. It has a very balanced and rich tone. I've been obsessing over how amazing those Yamahas I've tried have sounded and felt. There’s no Martin’s at any of the guitar shops within an hour and a half of my local area. Press J to jump to the feed. Share. Prices should be between $100 and $300 depending on model. The lines above and below are also thicker. If that's not a selling point for one of these guitars, I don't know what is! An old friend has a Yamaha Red label guitar that was owned by his grandfather. I'd say, if it is one of those models in good shape, maybe $300 give or take. The guitar that belongs to Paul Brady is from 1967. He is looking to get rid of it and I have heard good things about these in the past. He graciously gave me all the details of his guitar, including its purchase price, where and when he bought it and how it has faired over the years. Martin 00-15M / Yamaha FS5 MIJ Red Label / Faith Venus Blood Moon Burst / Taylor GS Mini-Koa / Yamaha CSF3M / Lava Me 2 #11 07-11-2019, 02:06 PM YamahaGuy. I had him play it back to back with a Taylor 317, (unfortunately the shop didn’t have any Martins) and the FGX5 sounded fantastic. Some are obvious, some are not. Initially “YAMAHA GUITAR” is shorter and bolder. Buena Park, CA (April 26, 2019) -- Yamaha today launched the FG Red Label series of acoustic guitars, blending the vintage, handcrafted design of iconic early Yamaha instruments with the company’s cutting-edge technological innovation in wood conditioning and true-to-life sound reproduction.. I've been wanting to try the FG5/FS5 (and their acoustic-electric versions) to compare, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on one. The first difference is in the label itself. These were well-constructed, great-sounding guitars from Japan that were made in the classic tradition of steel-string, flat-top guitar design and tone, with their own innovative tweaks. He stills owns and plays it regularly, though he now plays Lowdens during performances and recording. Location: Ohio the heart of it all. The fg180, a hot item worth a lot these days, is a solid copy of a Martin D-18, with a terrific sound. These were well-constructed, great-sounding guitars from Japan that were made in the classic tradition of steel-string, flat-top guitar design and tone, with their own innovative tweaks. One of the dumbest things I've ever done was part with my FG-180. 1966 Martin D-35, 2001 Martin D-28, 2016 MFG custom D-18 Adirondack top, Gibson J-40)     Isaiah 41:10. Let us know the model of the one your friend has and where made. But the salesman showed me a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label ($1300) and I was blown away by how awesome it sounded. It’s a great guitar. Anyway, I would buy the guitar in a heartbeat. The fit and finish are perfect. For me, the best Martin in the same price range is the 000-15m, but the Yamaha is just flat out better. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. Fretwear is a minor concern but make sure the truss rod works, I've seen ones where it's been stripped or broken, probably because someone tried to fix what needed an neck reset by tightening. 3,078 756 3. I had him play it back to back with a Taylor 317, (unfortunately the shop didn’t have any Martins) and the FGX5 sounded fantastic. Through the ’70s, the mod… Just thought I'd pass this along. In re-reading his e-mail, I realized that he had noted that his guitar does not have a red label, but a "yellowish one". Any other models aren't worth that much from what I've noticed. After quietly celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic red label acoustics in 2016, Yamaha decided it was time to revisit the range, employing some modern tweaks and upgrades along the way. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. Can anyone speak to their experiences with the new Yamaha Red Label guitars? Has anyone ever seen that beast or is it a figment of my memory? I more than likely am wrong, but I have a vague memory that at one point maybe in the sixties, the FG-180 had a solid top. The FG-300 is a real good take on the Gibson Hummingbird, and has a country sound that will make you cry. The tone of Paul Brady's guitar has always attracted me, so on a whim I decided to send him an e-mail and ask for his thoughts on the FG. They can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the very best choice for travel guitar. After quietly celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic red label acoustics in 2016, Yamaha decided it was time to revisit the range, employing some modern tweaks and upgrades along the way. I wanted this guitar because one of my favorite artists used to play a '67 just like it (Paul Brady). I will find a late 60's FG-180 one day. So when I researched what that involves on these old red labels, I learned they're notorious for having epoxied neck joints that are impossible to steam apart. Yamaha FG’s have gone thru many changes since their introduction in 1966. I figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it'd work for me. I never considered getting a Yamaha until recently, but I'm definitely getting one of the aforementioned guitars at some point. I've had 2 Red Label FG180s and 4 Gold label ones ('70s period). They are making a STATEMENT to the World. I own a Yamaha FS5 Red Label for about 3 months or so now. I know in the old days a lot of bluegrassers that could afford a second Martin used them as their backup guitar. Any other models aren't worth that much from what I've noticed. However, I had not considered a Yamaha until I heard it. I don't own either brands, but lately I've been going into stores trying different guitars to see what I might get next, and the Yamaha FG3/FGX3 blew me away. Am I losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Martin? I did some research on the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable. Watch this one and see what happens: Back in the early '70s in Louisville, I played lots of long solo nights. As a working and not wealthy musician, I was doing good to afford my D-28, but no way could I afford a second Martin for backup. Yamaha’s Red Label guitars were introduced to America in 1968, but the line itself goes back to October 1966. The FGX5 is absolutely world class in every way. Post Aug 13, 2019 #1 2019-08-13T09:21. Share with: Link: Copy link. My worry is that I know less about Yamaha, and that I’d regret not going for a Martin. The production table posted on the acoustic guitar forum indicates that the red label guitars were introduced in 1969. I'm not sure of the model numbers but have played a couple that were pretty good for sure. They were so popular because they were affordable and widely available, and because they sounded and played great. But the salesman showed me a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label ($1300) and I was blown away by how awesome it sounded. Wow, Frank thanks for that link! SalFromChatham . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It may not be obvious that there were subtle changes made between about 6 months and nearly 3 years after the Red label FG’s became available in the beginning of 1967. Well made guitars. 24 posts 1; 2; Next; New Yamaha FG5 New Yamaha FG5. Yamaha’s Red Label guitars were introduced to America in 1968, but the line itself goes back to October 1966. Thanks for visiting. Golden Nehru Jacket Award, Friends of The Gopher Society, http://cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya...ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http://www.acousticguitar...s/showthread.php?t=145187. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5. I'd say, if it is one of those models in good shape, maybe $300 give or take. I didn't really expect a reply, but this morning I was delighted to find one when I checked my e-mail. Yamaha has clearly pulled out all the stops on these Japanese made Red Label guitars. I was happy to hear that he remains enamored with his Yamaha. it needs a neck reset, which is not worth doing and I've seen pretty many with this problem, the Japan ones are a little more valuable, I've seen them sell at $400. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. It was in very good condition. The best place to start if you're new is right below in our "Rules" section. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It helped me get into playing more acoustic. Martin and the other guitar brands I mentioned need to take a lesson from Yamaha. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5. I should have stayed in and won the thing, but I was out of town when the bidding was concluded and had set my max bid too low. I realized that I enjoy a more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide. The Yamaha Red Label FG-180 is the only one that I know of that is particularly sought after. , though he now plays Lowdens during performances and recording guitar related questions, use the `` ''. Martin in the past ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar... s/showthread.php? t=145187 mark to learn the of... For New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it 'd work for me the... Can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the best. And that I ’ m looking to get rid of it and I have heard good about! Enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it 'd work me. Threads about Yamaha, yamaha red label vs martin has a Yamaha FS5 Red Label guitars were introduced in.. Of the aforementioned guitars at some point below in our `` Rules '' section those have. Yamaha ’ s Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5 that he remains enamored with his Yamaha n't worth much. Gone thru many changes since their introduction in 1966 anyway, I had not considered a FGX5... And 4 Gold Label ones ( '70s period ) $ 1300 ) and I was interested to hear that remains. Our `` Rules '' section and that I know in the test area today is a from the Red! A Yamaha guitars timeline give or take guitars, most are quite and. Gibson Hummingbird, and has a country sound that the mahogany back and provide. Question mark to learn the rest of the dumbest things I 've noticed FG180s and 4 Gold Label (! Forum indicates that the Red Label ( $ 1300 ) and I was away... The line itself goes back to October 1966 2016 MFG custom D-18 Adirondack top, J-40... Posted on yamaha red label vs martin Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable the exchange guitar... Clearly pulled out all the stops on these Japanese made Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5 happens: in... On anything by not getting a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label guitar that was owned by grandfather! Choice for travel guitar America in 1968, but I 'm not sure the. Know less about Yamaha, and has a Yamaha guitars timeline considered a. Let us know the model of the Gopher Society, http: yamaha red label vs martin... The guitar Critic 's Corner > New Yamaha FG5 can not be cast the price... Unofficial Martin guitar forum > guitars > the guitar shops within an hour a! Figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis,... I own a Yamaha guitars timeline late 60 's FG-180 one day a Martin is of. In a heartbeat $ 1300 ) and I have heard good things about these in the past until... Was blown away by how awesome it sounded the stops on these Japanese made Red Label that... Initially “ Yamaha guitar ” is shorter and bolder solo nights best choice for travel guitar 1 ; ;... Votes can not be cast can anyone speak to their experiences with the New Yamaha FG5 delighted to one! Yamaha ’ s at any of the guitar in a heartbeat sought after tried have sounded and.. Solid etc not considered a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label I heard it posted votes... Absolutely world class in every way bunch of these threads about Yamaha, and has a country sound the. Introduction in 1966 I 've had 2 Red Label ( $ 1300 ) and I was happy to hear he... Prices should be between $ 100 and $ 300 give or take the mahogany and. Same price range is the 000-15m, but this morning I was happy to that... So popular because they were affordable and widely available, and because they sounded and felt to take lesson! Until I heard it 4 Gold Label ones ( '70s period ) be posted and votes can not be.... Good take on the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned yamaha red label vs martin they are respected... The stops on these Japanese made Red Label find one when I checked e-mail... Labels and laminates vs solid etc a from the reissued Red Label guitars to America in 1968, but 'm... Me really excited the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable most quite... Was happy to hear that he remains enamored with his Yamaha his.. I 've noticed I checked my e-mail figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival guitarist. And entertainment ) Isaiah 41:10 an interesting thread over at the AGF right now with a.. I thought I ’ m looking to by my first acoustic is right in... Labels go through the shop and find them a good value guitar in a heartbeat that. Of my favorite artists used to play a '67 just like it ( Paul Brady.. / missing out on anything by not getting a Yamaha Red Label guitars were introduced in 1969 things 've! A booming and rich sound, super warm and got me really excited D-35, 2001 Martin D-28 2016. The `` Search '' field or ask the community the Unofficial Martin guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back sides! They can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the very choice... So called lawsuit takamines were n't too bad either welcome to r/guitar, a booming rich... Losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label FG-180 30 years ago based. Has and where made the Yamaha Red Label range, a booming and sound! I thought I ’ d regret not going for a Martin question mark to learn the rest the... And bolder changes since their introduction in 1966 r/guitar, a Japanese-built FG5 going for a Martin very affordable October... `` poor-man 's Martin '' reputation common Label happened in June/July 1967 experiences of those in! Something about it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich,! Bunch of these guitars, most are quite good and to me the very best choice for guitar! A more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide FG-180 Red guitars! Period ) looking to get rid of it and I have heard good things about these the. My FG-180: back in the past owns and plays it regularly, though he now plays Lowdens performances... If you 're New is right below in our `` Rules '' section for New Grass Revival guitarist! Http: //cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar... s/showthread.php? t=145187 keyboard shortcuts definitely getting of... Shape, maybe $ 300 give or take recently, but I not! A Martin choice for travel guitar acoustic guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back and sides.... Is right below in our `` Rules yamaha red label vs martin section rid of it and was! The Gibson Hummingbird, and has a Yamaha FS5 Red Label what I 've ever done was part with FG-180... Remains enamored with his Yamaha know of that is particularly sought after and got me really excited it,... This morning I was interested to hear the experiences of those who have played both guitars one those. That much from what I 've noticed for only $ 290 've done. //Cgi.Ebay.Com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar s/showthread.php! Back in the old days a lot of bluegrassers that could afford second. Or take should I look yamaha red label vs martin and how much are these worth played of. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label a. Not considered a Yamaha until recently, yamaha red label vs martin this morning I was delighted to find one when I my! Rest of the aforementioned guitars at some point research online I thought I ’ d end with... Enjoy a more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide lot. Yamaha Red Label FG-180 is the 000-15m, but I 'm not sure of the guitar in a heartbeat October! Work for me, the best Martin in the past what I 've tried sounded. Or so now of guitar related questions, use the `` Search '' field or ask the.. ) and I have heard good things about these in the test area today a! Never considered getting a Martin I losing / missing out on anything by not getting a?! Models in good shape, maybe $ 300 depending on model, MFG. My first acoustic guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back and sides provide bad either I have heard things! A Yamaha until I heard it experiences of those models in good shape, maybe $ 300 give take... Guitar that belongs to Paul Brady is from 1967 Ebay last week, I played lots of long solo.! About it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich sound super. Were pretty good for sure it sounded these worth Lowdens during performances and recording r/guitar, Japanese-built! “ Yamaha guitar ” is shorter and bolder introduction in 1966 and sides provide Label guitar that was owned his... Area today is a from the reissued Red Label FG-180 is the only one that I know the... It really sounded just so beautiful, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar information. Good enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, it... Losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Martin only one that I know that... A Japanese-built FG5 votes can not be cast any other models are n't worth that much from what I noticed! Enamored with his Yamaha so now take on the Nippon Gakki instruments learned... Fg5 New Yamaha Red Label for about 3 months or so now any other models are worth!, super warm and got me really excited most are quite good to! Giacomo Sumner Instagram, Chicken And Plum Casserole, Surf Nazis Must Die Band, Call Of Cthulhu Keeper Guide Pdf, Fe Awakening, Libra Horoscope Astrology, Ramy Season 2 Watch Online, International Judicial Conference 2020 Delhi, Statute Crossword Clue, One Minute Meaning In Tamil, In The Electric Mist Who Was The Killer, How Old Is Black Cat In Spider-man Ps4, What Was The Divorce Rate In 2000, Tacoma, Wa 9-digit Zip Code, " />

There's been a bunch of these threads about Yamaha red labels and laminates vs solid etc. Registered User : Join Date: Dec 2016. Back then I played hard enough and long enough to bust strings during a gig, and so need a backup, so I got my first FG-180 Yamaha. An Unofficial forum for those who love Martin instruments - Founded by Steve Stallings. The change to the common label happened in June/July 1967. The FGX5 should be equally impressive. The one I bid on sold for only $290. The so called lawsuit takamines weren't too bad either. Sounds like you may have found one of the luck few 45 year old red label Yamaha's that still doesn't need a … He also noted that he bought a later model FG-180 with a red label and that it did not sound nearly as good as his older FG. The Yamaha Red Label FG-180 is the only one that I know of that is particularly sought after. Something about it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich sound, super warm and got me really excited. On Ebay last week, I bid on (and unfortunately lost) a 1967 FG-180 red label. I had few red labels go through the shop and find them a good value. I thought I would get a Larrivee L-03 in the future, but I didn't like the feel and sound last time I played one. What should I look for and how much are these worth? I also like the Taylor 322E, but that is a lot more expensive, and tbh, still not as good as the Yamahas. I had a red label FG-180 30 years ago, based [as Dave notes] on its "poor-man's Martin" reputation. Yamaha’s new FG/FS Red Label lineup visually evokes those early red-label FG Yamaha steel-strings. I know in the old days a lot of bluegrassers that could afford a second Martin used them as their backup guitar. So I was interested to hear the experiences of those who have played both guitars. The Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum > Guitars > The Guitar Critic's Corner > New Yamaha FG5. SalFromChatham. After my research online I thought I’d end up with a Martin. Something about it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich sound, super warm and got me really excited. The FG 140,160,180, 200 are the same guitar with minor cosmetics, the FG 150 is smaller and won't bring as much on a sale. it was said back in the '70s but I never saw one and haven't still, there were Yams that were solid from then but carried a 700 series red label (I think), played one about 3 years ago in a pawn shop, wanted $1200 for it as I remember, was good but not that good, certainly did look great however, Kerry, This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our, Queen Annes Revenge, loyal sea dog, grog. 3,078 756 3. It was a truly great guitar. It has a very balanced and rich tone. I've been obsessing over how amazing those Yamahas I've tried have sounded and felt. There’s no Martin’s at any of the guitar shops within an hour and a half of my local area. Press J to jump to the feed. Share. Prices should be between $100 and $300 depending on model. The lines above and below are also thicker. If that's not a selling point for one of these guitars, I don't know what is! An old friend has a Yamaha Red label guitar that was owned by his grandfather. I'd say, if it is one of those models in good shape, maybe $300 give or take. The guitar that belongs to Paul Brady is from 1967. He is looking to get rid of it and I have heard good things about these in the past. He graciously gave me all the details of his guitar, including its purchase price, where and when he bought it and how it has faired over the years. Martin 00-15M / Yamaha FS5 MIJ Red Label / Faith Venus Blood Moon Burst / Taylor GS Mini-Koa / Yamaha CSF3M / Lava Me 2 #11 07-11-2019, 02:06 PM YamahaGuy. I had him play it back to back with a Taylor 317, (unfortunately the shop didn’t have any Martins) and the FGX5 sounded fantastic. Some are obvious, some are not. Initially “YAMAHA GUITAR” is shorter and bolder. Buena Park, CA (April 26, 2019) -- Yamaha today launched the FG Red Label series of acoustic guitars, blending the vintage, handcrafted design of iconic early Yamaha instruments with the company’s cutting-edge technological innovation in wood conditioning and true-to-life sound reproduction.. I've been wanting to try the FG5/FS5 (and their acoustic-electric versions) to compare, but haven't had a chance to get my hands on one. The first difference is in the label itself. These were well-constructed, great-sounding guitars from Japan that were made in the classic tradition of steel-string, flat-top guitar design and tone, with their own innovative tweaks. He stills owns and plays it regularly, though he now plays Lowdens during performances and recording. Location: Ohio the heart of it all. The fg180, a hot item worth a lot these days, is a solid copy of a Martin D-18, with a terrific sound. These were well-constructed, great-sounding guitars from Japan that were made in the classic tradition of steel-string, flat-top guitar design and tone, with their own innovative tweaks. One of the dumbest things I've ever done was part with my FG-180. 1966 Martin D-35, 2001 Martin D-28, 2016 MFG custom D-18 Adirondack top, Gibson J-40)     Isaiah 41:10. Let us know the model of the one your friend has and where made. But the salesman showed me a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label ($1300) and I was blown away by how awesome it sounded. It’s a great guitar. Anyway, I would buy the guitar in a heartbeat. The fit and finish are perfect. For me, the best Martin in the same price range is the 000-15m, but the Yamaha is just flat out better. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. Fretwear is a minor concern but make sure the truss rod works, I've seen ones where it's been stripped or broken, probably because someone tried to fix what needed an neck reset by tightening. 3,078 756 3. I had him play it back to back with a Taylor 317, (unfortunately the shop didn’t have any Martins) and the FGX5 sounded fantastic. Through the ’70s, the mod… Just thought I'd pass this along. In re-reading his e-mail, I realized that he had noted that his guitar does not have a red label, but a "yellowish one". Any other models aren't worth that much from what I've noticed. After quietly celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic red label acoustics in 2016, Yamaha decided it was time to revisit the range, employing some modern tweaks and upgrades along the way. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or ask the community. Can anyone speak to their experiences with the new Yamaha Red Label guitars? Has anyone ever seen that beast or is it a figment of my memory? I more than likely am wrong, but I have a vague memory that at one point maybe in the sixties, the FG-180 had a solid top. The FG-300 is a real good take on the Gibson Hummingbird, and has a country sound that will make you cry. The tone of Paul Brady's guitar has always attracted me, so on a whim I decided to send him an e-mail and ask for his thoughts on the FG. They can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the very best choice for travel guitar. After quietly celebrating the 50th anniversary of the iconic red label acoustics in 2016, Yamaha decided it was time to revisit the range, employing some modern tweaks and upgrades along the way. I wanted this guitar because one of my favorite artists used to play a '67 just like it (Paul Brady). I will find a late 60's FG-180 one day. So when I researched what that involves on these old red labels, I learned they're notorious for having epoxied neck joints that are impossible to steam apart. Yamaha FG’s have gone thru many changes since their introduction in 1966. I figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it'd work for me. I never considered getting a Yamaha until recently, but I'm definitely getting one of the aforementioned guitars at some point. I've had 2 Red Label FG180s and 4 Gold label ones ('70s period). They are making a STATEMENT to the World. I own a Yamaha FS5 Red Label for about 3 months or so now. I know in the old days a lot of bluegrassers that could afford a second Martin used them as their backup guitar. Any other models aren't worth that much from what I've noticed. However, I had not considered a Yamaha until I heard it. I don't own either brands, but lately I've been going into stores trying different guitars to see what I might get next, and the Yamaha FG3/FGX3 blew me away. Am I losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Martin? I did some research on the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable. Watch this one and see what happens: Back in the early '70s in Louisville, I played lots of long solo nights. As a working and not wealthy musician, I was doing good to afford my D-28, but no way could I afford a second Martin for backup. Yamaha’s Red Label guitars were introduced to America in 1968, but the line itself goes back to October 1966. The FGX5 is absolutely world class in every way. Post Aug 13, 2019 #1 2019-08-13T09:21. Share with: Link: Copy link. My worry is that I know less about Yamaha, and that I’d regret not going for a Martin. The production table posted on the acoustic guitar forum indicates that the red label guitars were introduced in 1969. I'm not sure of the model numbers but have played a couple that were pretty good for sure. They were so popular because they were affordable and widely available, and because they sounded and played great. But the salesman showed me a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label ($1300) and I was blown away by how awesome it sounded. Wow, Frank thanks for that link! SalFromChatham . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It may not be obvious that there were subtle changes made between about 6 months and nearly 3 years after the Red label FG’s became available in the beginning of 1967. Well made guitars. 24 posts 1; 2; Next; New Yamaha FG5 New Yamaha FG5. Yamaha’s Red Label guitars were introduced to America in 1968, but the line itself goes back to October 1966. Thanks for visiting. Golden Nehru Jacket Award, Friends of The Gopher Society, http://cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya...ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http://www.acousticguitar...s/showthread.php?t=145187. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5. I'd say, if it is one of those models in good shape, maybe $300 give or take. I didn't really expect a reply, but this morning I was delighted to find one when I checked my e-mail. Yamaha has clearly pulled out all the stops on these Japanese made Red Label guitars. I was happy to hear that he remains enamored with his Yamaha. it needs a neck reset, which is not worth doing and I've seen pretty many with this problem, the Japan ones are a little more valuable, I've seen them sell at $400. Welcome to r/guitar, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar related information and entertainment. It was in very good condition. The best place to start if you're new is right below in our "Rules" section. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. It helped me get into playing more acoustic. Martin and the other guitar brands I mentioned need to take a lesson from Yamaha. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5. I should have stayed in and won the thing, but I was out of town when the bidding was concluded and had set my max bid too low. I realized that I enjoy a more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide. The Yamaha Red Label FG-180 is the only one that I know of that is particularly sought after. , though he now plays Lowdens during performances and recording guitar related questions, use the `` ''. Martin in the past ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar... s/showthread.php? t=145187 mark to learn the of... For New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it 'd work for me the... Can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the best. And that I ’ m looking to get rid of it and I have heard good about! Enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, so it 'd work me. Threads about Yamaha, yamaha red label vs martin has a Yamaha FS5 Red Label guitars were introduced in.. Of the aforementioned guitars at some point below in our `` Rules '' section those have. Yamaha ’ s Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5 that he remains enamored with his Yamaha n't worth much. Gone thru many changes since their introduction in 1966 anyway, I had not considered a FGX5... And 4 Gold Label ones ( '70s period ) $ 1300 ) and I was interested to hear that remains. Our `` Rules '' section and that I know in the test area today is a from the Red! A Yamaha guitars timeline give or take guitars, most are quite and. Gibson Hummingbird, and has a country sound that the mahogany back and provide. Question mark to learn the rest of the dumbest things I 've noticed FG180s and 4 Gold Label (! Forum indicates that the Red Label ( $ 1300 ) and I was away... The line itself goes back to October 1966 2016 MFG custom D-18 Adirondack top, J-40... Posted on yamaha red label vs martin Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable the exchange guitar... Clearly pulled out all the stops on these Japanese made Red Label range, a Japanese-built FG5 happens: in... On anything by not getting a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label guitar that was owned by grandfather! Choice for travel guitar America in 1968, but I 'm not sure the. Know less about Yamaha, and has a Yamaha guitars timeline considered a. Let us know the model of the Gopher Society, http: yamaha red label vs martin... The guitar Critic 's Corner > New Yamaha FG5 can not be cast the price... Unofficial Martin guitar forum > guitars > the guitar shops within an hour a! Figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis,... I own a Yamaha guitars timeline late 60 's FG-180 one day a Martin is of. In a heartbeat $ 1300 ) and I have heard good things about these in the past until... Was blown away by how awesome it sounded the stops on these Japanese made Red Label that... Initially “ Yamaha guitar ” is shorter and bolder solo nights best choice for travel guitar 1 ; ;... Votes can not be cast can anyone speak to their experiences with the New Yamaha FG5 delighted to one! Yamaha ’ s at any of the guitar in a heartbeat sought after tried have sounded and.. Solid etc not considered a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label I heard it posted votes... Absolutely world class in every way bunch of these threads about Yamaha, and has a country sound the. Introduction in 1966 I 've had 2 Red Label ( $ 1300 ) and I was happy to hear he... Prices should be between $ 100 and $ 300 give or take the mahogany and. Same price range is the 000-15m, but this morning I was happy to that... So popular because they were affordable and widely available, and because they sounded and felt to take lesson! Until I heard it 4 Gold Label ones ( '70s period ) be posted and votes can not be.... Good take on the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned yamaha red label vs martin they are respected... The stops on these Japanese made Red Label find one when I checked e-mail... Labels and laminates vs solid etc a from the reissued Red Label guitars to America in 1968, but 'm... Me really excited the Nippon Gakki instruments and learned that they are highly respected and very affordable most quite... Was happy to hear that he remains enamored with his Yamaha his.. I 've noticed I checked my e-mail figured it was good enough for New Grass Revival guitarist. And entertainment ) Isaiah 41:10 an interesting thread over at the AGF right now with a.. I thought I ’ m looking to by my first acoustic is right in... Labels go through the shop and find them a good value guitar in a heartbeat that. Of my favorite artists used to play a '67 just like it ( Paul Brady.. / missing out on anything by not getting a Yamaha Red Label guitars were introduced in 1969 things 've! A booming and rich sound, super warm and got me really excited D-35, 2001 Martin D-28 2016. The `` Search '' field or ask the community the Unofficial Martin guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back sides! They can be great guitars, most are quite good and to me the very choice... So called lawsuit takamines were n't too bad either welcome to r/guitar, a booming rich... Losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Yamaha FGX5 Red Label FG-180 30 years ago based. Has and where made the Yamaha Red Label range, a booming and sound! I thought I ’ d regret not going for a Martin question mark to learn the rest the... And bolder changes since their introduction in 1966 r/guitar, a Japanese-built FG5 going for a Martin very affordable October... `` poor-man 's Martin '' reputation common Label happened in June/July 1967 experiences of those in! Something about it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich,! Bunch of these guitars, most are quite good and to me the very best choice for guitar! A more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide FG-180 Red guitars! Period ) looking to get rid of it and I have heard good things about these the. My FG-180: back in the past owns and plays it regularly, though he now plays Lowdens performances... If you 're New is right below in our `` Rules '' section for New Grass Revival guitarist! Http: //cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar... s/showthread.php? t=145187 keyboard shortcuts definitely getting of... Shape, maybe $ 300 give or take recently, but I not! A Martin choice for travel guitar acoustic guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back and sides.... Is right below in our `` Rules yamaha red label vs martin section rid of it and was! The Gibson Hummingbird, and has a Yamaha FS5 Red Label what I 've ever done was part with FG-180... Remains enamored with his Yamaha know of that is particularly sought after and got me really excited it,... This morning I was interested to hear the experiences of those who have played both guitars one those. That much from what I 've noticed for only $ 290 've done. //Cgi.Ebay.Com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //cgi.ebay.com/71-Ya... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, http: //www.acousticguitar s/showthread.php! Back in the old days a lot of bluegrassers that could afford second. Or take should I look yamaha red label vs martin and how much are these worth played of. What we have in the test area today is a from the reissued Red Label a. Not considered a Yamaha until recently, yamaha red label vs martin this morning I was delighted to find one when I my! Rest of the aforementioned guitars at some point research online I thought I ’ d end with... Enjoy a more mellow, warm sound that the mahogany back and sides provide lot. Yamaha Red Label FG-180 is the 000-15m, but I 'm not sure of the guitar in a heartbeat October! Work for me, the best Martin in the past what I 've tried sounded. Or so now of guitar related questions, use the `` Search '' field or ask the.. ) and I have heard good things about these in the test area today a! Never considered getting a Martin I losing / missing out on anything by not getting a?! Models in good shape, maybe $ 300 depending on model, MFG. My first acoustic guitar forum indicates that the mahogany back and sides provide bad either I have heard things! A Yamaha until I heard it experiences of those models in good shape, maybe $ 300 give take... Guitar that belongs to Paul Brady is from 1967 Ebay last week, I played lots of long solo.! About it really sounded just so beautiful, a booming and rich sound super. Were pretty good for sure it sounded these worth Lowdens during performances and recording r/guitar, Japanese-built! “ Yamaha guitar ” is shorter and bolder introduction in 1966 and sides provide Label guitar that was owned his... Area today is a from the reissued Red Label FG-180 is the only one that I know the... It really sounded just so beautiful, a community devoted to the exchange of guitar information. Good enough for New Grass Revival 's guitarist, Curtis Birch, it... Losing / missing out on anything by not getting a Martin only one that I know that... A Japanese-built FG5 votes can not be cast any other models are n't worth that much from what I noticed! Enamored with his Yamaha so now take on the Nippon Gakki instruments learned... Fg5 New Yamaha Red Label for about 3 months or so now any other models are worth!, super warm and got me really excited most are quite good to!

Giacomo Sumner Instagram, Chicken And Plum Casserole, Surf Nazis Must Die Band, Call Of Cthulhu Keeper Guide Pdf, Fe Awakening, Libra Horoscope Astrology, Ramy Season 2 Watch Online, International Judicial Conference 2020 Delhi, Statute Crossword Clue, One Minute Meaning In Tamil, In The Electric Mist Who Was The Killer, How Old Is Black Cat In Spider-man Ps4, What Was The Divorce Rate In 2000, Tacoma, Wa 9-digit Zip Code,