We made it to another glorious Friday! Just in time for the weather to warm up too. I am excited to not have too much planned for the weekend other than catching up on sleep. This is how I felt all week at work during the day…
Of course I would use a Harry Style’s gif. Do you guys know me? Before I go off on a One Direction tangent lets get to some of my favorites recently. It has been over a month since I posted my last one so I have lots for you. As always thanks to Heather for the linkup!
Fall Running Weather
Let’s just state the obvious – this weather lately has been AWESOME running weather. Wednesday night I headed out to the path in shorts and a long sleeve shirt (one of my favorite running combos). I love love love being back on the path running and hope to implement a training plan soon for upcoming races.
Trader Joe New Finds
Repeat after me – Do not buy the Trader Joe’s Three Layer Hummus. Unless you want to be tempted to finish it in one sitting. This stuff is out of this world. I usually have it as an afternoon
snack meal with pretzel thins. Once I start I just can’t stop.
When I was baking last weekend I wanted to add coconut to my Pumpkin Pecan Balls. At Trader Joe’s I came across these coconut chips that are more chip like (hence the name) than shredded coconut. I highly suggest it for my Pumpkin Pecan Balls or another baked good or just on its own.
I am Sara and I am a candle junky. Since my move I have made sure to stock up on my candle supply. My friends and family also know of my love of candles and have gifted me with some delicious smelling ones. Some of my favorite candles brands are:
- Rewined Candles – Chardonnay and Sangria are two of my favorites. They just announced a seasonal scent “Spiked Cider” that I have my eye on.
- Finest Elixers Vanilla Bean – I have this right next to my bed and even when it is not lit I can smell sugar cookies. I love it. They have some pretty strange flavors like Tobacco which I think is weird, but to each his own. BONUS: The wick is one that crackles and pops.
- Henri Bendel Pink Grapefruit
- Produce Candles – I have the Peanut (obviosuly with my PB addiction) and my friend has the Cilantro for me. Another one of my favorites! These candles smell awesome but are also super cute in a mason jar.
About a year ago my friend introduced me to Bauble Bar (<- Referral Link) when I loved her gold bracelet last fall. Since then I have bought a few statement necklaces but my favorite gift (got it for Christmas) was my gold name necklace. I used to have one in college but shortly after moving to Chicago it disappeared.
Over the 4th of July the chain of my necklace broke. I reached out to Bauble Bar because I was disappointed in broke after only having it 5 months. Their customer service department was very responsive and let me know I needed to purchase a $20 repair service. I love this necklace so much I was willing to fork over the $20. I got my necklace back this week after taking about 5 weeks. Bauble Bar was kind enough to throw in a gift because of how long it took. Overall I was very happy with Bauble Bars service and am happy to have my name tag back.
Right now they are hosting a discount for the fall! Buy one item get 20% off (Offer Code: FALL20) or buy 2+ items get 30% off (FALL30).
I have these spread all throughout my apartment. They are easy to up keep too! The little ones just need one ice cube a week. The slightly larger ones need two. Trader Joe’s has a great inexpensive selection of large and small. These two smaller ones were only $3 each.
Every morning I have been having a smoothie for breakfast to go through my 6 cases of Core Power that my brother gave me. I have come up with a lot of new concoctions that I want to start sharing with you guys, now that I have tested them more than once.
I thought I would leave you guys on this Friday with just one more recipe this week! Don’t ask me where I came up with the name. It was the first thing that came into my head as I was adding Oats and Chia Seeds to it. Meaning this isn’t your traditional PB&J you would get at mom’s house.
- 1 Bottle of Strawberry Core Power
- 1 Frozen Banana (chopped)
- 1.5 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 Tbsp Chia Seed
- In this order place oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, frozen banana, and core power into the blender
- Blend until consistency is at your liking
- If the chunkiness from the oats throws you off you can blend the oats and chia seeds first and then add remaining ingredients
- I like to stick my smoothie into the freezer for a half hour or so so it thickens up. Then enjoy!
Another delicious smoothie (Chocolate PB Oat Smoothie) recipe.
Hope you guys have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend! See what I did there?
- What is one of your favorites from the week?
- What is your favorite running outfit? Short sleeves/long sleeves? Pants/shorts?
- Favorite candle scent?
- Do you buy jewelry online or mostly in the stores?