I love that you guys love my simple recipes. I love it so much that I am going to continue to share them (I don’t think it gets much better than simple, few ingredient, delicious recipes – but that might just be me) until you guys tell me to stop.
I am a little embarrassed to admit this because I have crowned myself before as being a Trader Joe’s expert, but I had never had the Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette from TJ’s. When it caught my eye on Sunday I knew I needed to try it. Hello! Spice + Peanuts = YES.
Spicy Peanut Veggie Slaw
Boil the broccoli slaw until tender. For more details on how to cook the broccoli slaw, check out this post.
The night before I had already sautéed the Healthy 8 Veggie Mix (red and green cabbages, carrots, broccoli, jicama, bell peppers, radishes and celery), so all I did was heat it up in the microwave for a minute before combining it with the slaw.
After draining the water from the broccoli slaw I added it back to the frying pan with the ground turkey to get the veggie strings a little more crispy!
Look at all that color! This dish could also be vegetarian friendly by omitting the ground turkey. I added it to the dish because I needed more protein for the day.
- 1 Bag of Trader Joe’s Broccoli Slaw
- 1 Container of Trader Joe’s Healthy 8 Veggie Mix
- Ground Turkey (Optional)
- TJ’S Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
- Brown ground turkey. Drain grease once cooked through.
- Sautee TJ’s Healthy 8 Veggie Mix in a sauté pan with a little olive oil. Place in a large bowl once done.
- Dump the broccoli slaw in a large sauté pan and add water until slaw is covered. Continue to cook until water starts to boil. Once boiling continue to cook for 5 minutes. Drain water once slaw is cooked.
- Add slaw and ground turkey back to large sauté pan (without water) and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add slaw and ground turkey mix to the large bowl with the Healthy 8 veggie mix. Mix all of the veggies and ground turkey together.
- Drizzle spicy peanut vinaigrette over slaw (about 4 TBSP – give or take) and mix well.
- Enjoy! Either hot or cold.
I hope to continue to post these simple recipes. If you like this simple 4 ingredient recipe, you might also like my Mediterranean Chicken Recipe.
- What are you looking forward to most this weekend?
- Share your most favorite simple recipe.